I had to share this post. This article by the Matador Network features 48 Epic Dream Hotels to Visit Before You Die. The page made me depressed that I may never get to see or stay at some of these places, but also, extremely excited that these hotels exist and that it is still possible to see them all! The photos below are taken from the article, but if you click the link above, there are many more places to gawk and fantasize about staying at. Enjoy 🙂
It wasn’t perfect, it was beautiful. It started to rain when I was about to go out. I loved it! Walking in the rain is the most refreshing feeling that I’ve ever encountered. Peace, quiet, the smell of fresh air…I could say that this is the proper moment for taking decisions.
“Should I change the world today? Yes!
Do I have the power to do it? Yes!”
I feel like laughing. Some of you may think I’m crazy. Well, I am. I want to be. I have no regrets of what I have ever made. There were only lessons to learn. I’m proud of myself. I did things that others will never be able to do. I own something that…
View original post 172 more words
Please note, nearly 100% of children nowadays are being born Indigo in the West. Anyone could have a few of these traits, but Indigo Children/Adults have most or all of these.I do not believe in labelling although in this very moment it is important, that we create awareness of which is taking place, to create a sense of comfort and belonging out side of society and this system does not accept us, diagnosis us with mental disorders and prescribes us loads of drugs for it.
Indigo Child/Adult Characteristics
- Are intelligent, though may not have had top grades.
- Are very creative and enjoy making things.
- Always need to know WHY, especially why they are being asked to do something.
- Had disgust and perhaps loathing for much of the required and repetitious work in school.
- Were rebellious in school in that they refused to do homework and rejected authority of teachers, OR seriously wanted to rebel, but didn’t DARE, usually due to parental pressure.
- May have experienced early existential depression and feelings of helplessness. These may have ranged from sadness to utter despair. Suicidal feelings while still in high school or younger are not uncommon in the Indigo Adult.
- Have difficulty in service-oriented jobs. Indigos resist authority and caste system of employment.
- Prefer leadership positions or working alone to team positions.
- Have deep empathy for others, yet an intolerance of stupidity.
- May be extremely emotionally sensitive including crying at the drop of a hat (no shielding) Or may be the opposite and show no expression of emotion (full shielding).
- May have trouble with RAGE.
- Have trouble with systems they consider broken or ineffective, ie. political, educational, medical, and legal.
- Alienation from or anger with politics – feeling your voice won’t count and/or that the outcome really doesn’t mattter.
- Frustration with or rejection of the traditional American dream – 9-5 career, marriage, 2.5 children, house with white picket fence, etc.
- Anger at rights being taken away, fear and/or fury at “Big Brother watching you.”
- Have a burning desire to do something to change and improve the world. May be stymied what to do. May have trouble identifying their path.
- Have psychic or spiritual interest appear fairly young – in or before teen years.
- Had few if any Indigo role models. Having had some doesn’t mean you’re not an indigo, though.
- Have strong intuition.
- Random behavior pattern or mind style – (symptoms of Attention Deficit Disorder). May have trouble focusing on assigned tasks, may jump around in conversations.
- Have had psychic experiences, such as premonitions, seeing angels or ghosts, out-of-body experiences, hearing voices.
- May be electrically sensitive such as watches not working and street lights going out as you move under them, electrical equipment malfunctioning and lights blowing out.
- May have awareness of other dimensions and parallel realities.
- Sexually are very expressive and inventive OR may reject sexuality in boredom or with intention of achieving higher spiritual connection. May explore alternative types of sexuality.
- Seek meaning to their life and understanding about the world May seek this through religion or spirituality, spiritual groups and books, self-help groups and books.
- When they find balance they may become very strong, healthy, happy individuals.
There are more and more indigo’s being born today, it is important we get this to as many of us as possible! Please share this with whom ever you think or feel matches these characteristics.
This seems to be exactly how I feel but I find a difficult time expressing it even though I am an artist. I felt the same way about people treating me a certain way.. no amount of money is worth the depression!
Ok, it’s been a week and I haven’t said much but some people know where I stand on the issue. I still saw 2 new posts yesterday …. one of a teenaged girl having sex in a classroom with 2/3 boys, a parent grabbing his toddler by the arm and swinging him while beating him to shut him up and now a 4 or 5 year old boy and girl wining on each other. A few months back it was a mother holding a gun to a baby’s head. It makes me sick absolutely SICK!!
Yes I grew up in the age of getting the big ruler on my hands and the thick cowhide leather belt… but it’s getting a little extreme… I hate seeing kids so rude and ill behaved. I think this generation probably just like ours, parents just don’t know what to do anymore. Probably just the wishes of our parents coming true.. “When you have kids you will see how hard it is”
But you have to ask..what is the outcome of what is being done? What is the bigger picture? The big debate today is whether we should beat these kids. I think the debate should encompass a lot deeper issues than the final punishment.. It’s like going to a courtroom and saying she killed the man, throw her in jail and throw away the key, without hearing the back story that he beat her senseless and was coming at her with a gun.. We need to see the back story.. the bigger picture.. and we all have one!
All these videos showing up on Facebook of Kids having sex and getting beaten… In normal countries filming this kind of thing is called child pornography and you get locked up for it.. it’s filming children in a lewd conduct or sexual behaviour… I’m actually surprised they are still on Facebook when very similar “nudity” and the likes gets pulled off. Instead of beating these teens. Let them know that it’s child pornography before it happens. Let them know they can talk to you not be afraid of you. Let them know what the criminal justice system is and that it’s a criminal offence. Cyber bullying is a criminal offence… so is this really less bad that they haven’t figured out how to police this yet? Every computer has footprints, they can track this shit!
The 5 year old kids don’t know what they doing.. they think they just dancing.. they are following what they see ADULTS doing.. Who put them up to it should be beaten! Who showed them the example? And when they become teenagers everybody wanna say “give dem licks” when they ignore teachers, spit on people for talking to them, and worse having sex on camera in the classroom? Why didn’t you teach them then what you expect from them as people living among society before they reach this age? I guess that’s what these parents are doing! They teaching them it’s cute to grind on a girl… so that when they become teenagers and their hormones are raging (cause we have all been teenagers) they will know what to do with it. Remember monster’s aren’t born, they are made!
I’m tired of people saying I don’t have kids so I don’t know what I talking about. I know that kids have their own mind and no matter how much you try to beat and torture it out of them.. those minds “Absorb” the VIOLENCE they are being taught as well as the SEXUAL BEHAVIOR they are seeing all around them. The definition of Child abuse actually incorporates showing children sexual acts as abuse. People say “it’s just dancing”…Then why is it a problem when the 12 year old lifts her skirt and does it on a boy’s dick and comes home pregnant. There is appropriate dancing for a certain age! Some people will hear me sounding like parents did for “Dirty Dancing” the original version. I’m not saying ban the music.. I’m just saying the onus falls on the adults.. You have to be the change you want to see in the world.
There was one person who commented that there should be a permit for people to be parents.. am I forced to agree with that? Every man jack feels because they want a baby or they are pregnant that they should be able to mind one. WRONG! In this same breath I want to thank all the people who acknowledge that they would not be capable of taking care of a kid and don’t succumb to societal or family pleas for grandkids. Thank you for not having Kids, you know a child is not a doll.
I am familiar with the Caribbean and the culture there. I grew up there. This is why I can see that it’s not this generation to blame or the one past. Or the one before that. We can’t go back in the past and change what has been done as much as we would like to. The thing is, we just need to stop blaming now and try to find a solution to the archaic slave mentality that has us in this mess. I think we can be much more creative with punishing bad behaviour. I KNOW kids can be mischievous but they are not EVIL! They only know that they are playing. Why as a mother you don’t want any man hitting you, you don’t want your own mother to come into your house and hit you, but you think it is ok to hit someone less than half your size and strength. They cannot defend themselves.
Every woman has a story. It belongs to you. My story is an unbelievable story to me. You would be amazed at what I have lived through. If you have a great story you should write too!
Destinations I’ve been to:
- Panama – I went there for one day but I want to go back though, I haven’t seen enough of Panama
- Honduras – was there for a conference and left with a cold but it was nice. Left the day before some civil unrest began.. I don’t think I will be back but you never know.
- St. Maarten – Was a beautiful drive around the Dutch side to the French side, also went to the nude beach
- Puerto Rico – Was amazed to see how the women dressed to the nines just to go to the mall.
- USA (5/50)*- New York, New Jersey, Maine, Florida, Most of where I went in the States was for either funerals or just passing through on the way somewhere else. Maine however was a nice vacation. I would absolutely love to live where the lobster is so cheap!! Mmmm! The other option for me so far would be to live in New York…there is definitely something special about this city. The arts and the air is inspiring. Everything you breath fills your mind. It is also filled with eccentric and amazing people.
- Canada (2/11)** – Ontario & Quebec. The latter was like a mini fantasy of what Paris should be. It was sweet and quaint in both summer and winter. Been there a couple of times. If you go, visit Old Quebec as a must!
- Trinidad & Tobago – Trinidad is the industrial island and Tobago is the touristy island. There were still lots of adventures to have in Trini… If you go, you must try ‘Shark and Bake’ at Maracas beach, Doubles and a cold Carib or Stag as soon as you get off the plane, The bamboo cathedral, and Toco!
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines – Bequia was the main island I stayed on, won’t mind going back just to explore more
- Grenada, Carriacou & Petite Martinique – A tri-Island state that is peaceful and
Top 10 List of destinations I must travel to:
- France – I want to see the vineyards and the Eiffel Tower
- Germany – The castles of Bavaria is all I really want to see there
- Japan – I love Japanese gardens
- Hong Kong –
- Italy – I need to see Venice and the gondolas, I need to see the paintings of Michel Angelo, I need to see the Colosseum in Rome, I need to feel the real Italy
- Fiji – Love the beaches I have seen in pictures
- Egypt – I need to see the Pyramids.. it’s all about The Alchemist!
- Australia – I need to see the Koala Bears and Kangaroos
- Bali – Love the beaches I have seen in pictures
- Cuba – Cuban art and culture I want to experience
The do not go to list and why:
- Ireland – Major racism
- Jamaica – Major homophobia
- Mexico – Drug Cartel could disappear me
- Congo – Too much Violence
- Amazon – Snakes & Spiders.. BIG ones!!
Most of these match early-30s too!
2. Desk-eating depression. At first, there was a bit of a novelty to eating your lunch at your desk, because it meant you were this cool working person, with things like a desk, and a career, and healthy-ish (because your coworkers can see it) lunch. But now, you catch yourself looking down and being overwhelmed with sadness at your leftover chicken pasta salad out of a tupperware and lukewarm Coke Zero. You want to go outside to eat but, eh, it’s…
View original post 775 more words
It’s one of the first pieces of advice I can remember receiving — maybe my dad said it, or maybe I only imagine he did and ascribed the wisdom to him because I was little and when you’re little, you live in an insular world like that: “Don’t say you’re bad at something unless you’re going to try to be better at it.”
We live in a society that prides perfectionism as the be-all of virtues, and has bred generation after generation of people succumbing to its pressures. Everyone’s expected to scramble to rise to the top — we just never take the time to tell people which top that’s supposed to be. Of course, the unsaid there is to allow for room to decide exactly what that top is, where it is, what we define ourselves as the best. And when you’re a frustrated little kid who doesn’t understand…
View original post 758 more words