Every woman has a story. It belongs to you. My story is an unbelievable story to me. You would be amazed at what I have lived through. If you have a great story you should write too! Advertisements
Destinations I’ve been to:
- Panama – I went there for one day but I want to go back though, I haven’t seen enough of Panama
- Honduras – was there for a conference and left with a cold but it was nice. Left the day before some civil unrest began.. I don’t think I will be back but you never know.
- St. Maarten – Was a beautiful drive around the Dutch side to the French side, also went to the nude beach
- Puerto Rico – Was amazed to see how the women dressed to the nines just to go to the mall.
- USA (5/50)*- New York, New Jersey, Maine, Florida, Most of where I went in the States was for either funerals or just passing through on the way somewhere else. Maine however was a nice vacation. I would absolutely love to live where the lobster is so cheap!! Mmmm! The other option for me so far would be to live in New York…there is definitely something special about this city. The arts and the air is inspiring. Everything you breath fills your mind. It is also filled with eccentric and amazing people.
- Canada (2/11)** – Ontario & Quebec. The latter was like a mini fantasy of what Paris should be. It was sweet and quaint in both summer and winter. Been there a couple of times. If you go, visit Old Quebec as a must!
- Trinidad & Tobago – Trinidad is the industrial island and Tobago is the touristy island. There were still lots of adventures to have in Trini… If you go, you must try ‘Shark and Bake’ at Maracas beach, Doubles and a cold Carib or Stag as soon as you get off the plane, The bamboo cathedral, and Toco!
- St. Vincent & the Grenadines – Bequia was the main island I stayed on, won’t mind going back just to explore more
- Grenada, Carriacou & Petite Martinique – A tri-Island state that is peaceful and
Top 10 List of destinations I must travel to:
- France – I want to see the vineyards and the Eiffel Tower
- Germany – The castles of Bavaria is all I really want to see there
- Japan – I love Japanese gardens
- Hong Kong –
- Italy – I need to see Venice and the gondolas, I need to see the paintings of Michel Angelo, I need to see the Colosseum in Rome, I need to feel the real Italy
- Fiji – Love the beaches I have seen in pictures
- Egypt – I need to see the Pyramids.. it’s all about The Alchemist!
- Australia – I need to see the Koala Bears and Kangaroos
- Bali – Love the beaches I have seen in pictures
- Cuba – Cuban art and culture I want to experience
The do not go to list and why:
- Ireland – Major racism
- Jamaica – Major homophobia
- Mexico – Drug Cartel could disappear me
- Congo – Too much Violence
- Amazon – Snakes & Spiders.. BIG ones!!
Spring is here and I have left my job once again. Everyone says “what job are you going to do?” or “normally people have another job before leaving one.” but I am not normal and I don’t want to fall back into the same routine I have been doing. There is a happier way to life and I had it once. I gave it up to get back on my feet and I’m going to get it back.
When I handed in my resignation, it felt like I was stepping off the edge of a cliff. Stepping into the unknown. I had no job set up for me to go to. And I refused to tell my mom that I had just become jobless.
Over the years you lose yourself. You forget what your passion is and where you are supposed to be headed. You get comfortable and lazy and fall in love with the life you are accustomed to. You worry more about everyone else around you than your own happiness or health. I need to stop settling and get back on track.
I have mortgages, student loans and bills to pay, but I was sitting in a
low paying job with no benefits and coming home miserable. I took 4 vacations in one year trying to ease my tension. It wasn’t a stressful job. none of the jobs I do ever are but somehow they don’t make me happy. Every now and then I stop to think “Am I searching the impossible dream?” What is this ‘follow your passion’
You have to take in life, you have to just breathe.
Sometimes life throws so many curve balls your way that you don’t know what to do or say and you just have to take the curve ball and sit with it, stare at it and just breathe. Meditate on where you want to be and come up with a plan for how you are going to get there.
But hey It’s only been 4 days since I handed it in. I have some passion hunting to be doing. I will let you know how it’s going.
As I sit here midwinter in 2014, wishing that this picture was the view I had outside my verandah door, I can only say, I hate my life as it is.. some days! There are many parts to it that I detest right now… Like the fact that I am working for minimum wage, have no life or dental insurance and I’m over the hill… past 30!
LOL… if you are 60 you will get the joke. I have been trying to make something of myself for years… I’m a little closer but nowhere as close as I would like to be. I have lots of thoughts in my head that I need to get out before I explode, but I know a lot of it will make people very unhappy… some may even try to sue me… most likely someone who thinks I have money.. haha!
Well disclaimer should be, “I have no money so you can’t sue me for stating my opinions and views of life! :P” I do have dreams of one day becoming a self-made millionaire… I absolutely believe it. The only reason I want to be is to live comfortably… Not gold toilet seat comfortable, not ’10-senseless-cars-because-you-can-drive-only-one-at-a-time-anyway’ comfortable… I am a simple person with simple needs. I just want to pay off all my debts so I can be free, so I can live without worry that if I falter in one experience it won’t wreck my life. I worry too much? There is no such thing. I am past 30, waste a lot of time and see firsthand where I am headed… and it’s not to millionaire status.
I’ve always said if I win the lotto I would just pay off everything me and my family owes and then the remainder goes to close friends who have supported me throughout the years. You can actually hold me to that, because I also have a pretty bad guilty conscience, LOL. Are people even allowed to use “LOL” in blogs?
Now where was I?? Oh yes life pretty much has gone back to Sucking! I just took 3 weeks of work and It was amazing. I went to New York, which normally isn’t my cup of tea because I don’t particularly like big cities but there was something special about New York that made me not want to leave… but that will be a whole other blog! But the point is, when I was given 5 shifts for the month, my immediate reaction was negative.
I found a way to turn it into a positive. The one way I can know that I am happy is ultimately waking up and knowing I am contributing something to the world, not merely existing. This is why I attribute it to paying off all our debts. To not have the corporate world defining your worth to the world.
I was born a free spirit trapped in my life! I have no idea exactly where in Boston… I guess I really am a no-wherian. My family and I left Boston when I was a lil over 3 years old, to go to the Caribbean. My father had gotten a job in St. Lucia. I remember clearly playing at the house. I remember the huge backyard and the big roundabout at the front of the house… which really wasn’t that big… turns out I was really little! LOL.
When I was 15 I was sent to boarding school in to finish my high school years and after a year, I left that little town where the boarding school was and moved out on my own to attend college in Ohio. I lived there trying to do my degree peacefully.
Seems normal so far, but somewhere along the way I messed up. And I keep messing up…only thing is that my mess ups always bring me to a new adventure. I get scared because I don’t know what is coming next. I just know I can’t live in a box when there is so much world out there.
Come along as I let you in on my 34 years of adventure that feels like 60. And I’ll fill you in on a few of the secrets that fill in the gaps!